Content Creator/Curriculum Designer
Position Purpose: This position is responsible for the design and creation of engaging learning content, primarily delivered through a learning management system. This position will create learning activities that meet instructional objectives and support retention by incorporating adult learning theories and real-world practice.
Collaborate and communicate with SMEs and other colleagues to develop training content for the learning management system. Design and develop engaging learning content, design templates, eLearning modules and program materials.
Translate complex business information into employee friendly language, facilitating transparent and accurate communications with our internal customers. Ensures that all work meets established content guidelines and standards as provided by the department subject matter expert.
Creates and manages a detailed content production schedule. Writes, proofreads and edits content and curriculum for training program modules.
Develop structure and process that can be utilized to scale to ensure that training is readily available, efficient to produce with the highest level of quality. Ensure that all deadlines are met and that quality surpasses the expectations of the stakeholders.
Updates existing material when needed and adapt instructional materials for various formats.
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Work Related Experience:
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience in an e-learning role
- Experience in instructional design
- Familiarity with SCROM, online learning, learning technology, and video creation and editing
- Excellent writing skills and strong attention to detail with high level of quality and accuracy
- Proven working knowledge of leading edge training platforms, technologies, and content creation tools
- Demonstrated proficiency in one or more of the following tools: Articulate 360, Captivate, Adobe Creative Suite and related SCORM compliant production tools - Storyline experience preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in one or more of the following tools: Movavi, Adobe Premier Pro, or Camtasia - Movavi experience preferred
- Previous experience working with a learning management system like SABA preferred
- Previous experience with course content creation, writing training manuals/material, training assessment, and the use of multiple training platforms including classroom, multimedia, web-based, etc.
- Strong technical writing skills with experience writing content for several communication and training methods, mediums and for varied audiences
- Strong analytic skills and the ability to translate complicated data into useable information that can be relayed in a clear fashion
- Demonstrated organizational and task management skills to manage complex tasks through effective planning, tracking, and resource allocation to meet business objectives and timelines
- Ability to communicate clearly with employees at all organizational levels, and across differing cultural backgrounds