Director of FP&A
Position Purpose: This position is crucial to the budget and forecasting processes. The director will guide and direct the team through budget and forecasting, general and administrative expense analysis, FTE position control, and insure meeting all deadlines. This position interfaces with Steward Health Care (SHC) leadership to provide expense results against budget.
- Oversight and management of the FP&A department as it relates to day to day operations of the organization. Ability to align processes to support and partner with various lines of business with financial modeling and reporting opportunities.
- Partners with the VP of Accounting and CFO to ensure oversite on organizational budgeting and forecasting. Monitors and advises on results against budget. Oversight and management of position control.
- Performs quantitative work including: developing revenue and cost projections; budgeting; performance monitoring, reporting, and projection; preparation of various key performance indicator reports; and other reports as required.
- Day to day implementation of the organizations financial strategic plan. Supports the VP of Accounting on the structure and processes necessary to manage the organization’s current activities and its projected growth.
- Leads the charge in focus and implementation of the organization's culture and strategic plan in a way that aligns to the mission, vision and values of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree strongly preferred
Work Related Experience:
- Seven (7) years in finance or accounting focused roles required
- Three (3) year in progressive management roles
- Health Plan experience required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong budgeting, forecasting, and analytic skills
- The ability to translate complicated data into useable information
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills to manage complex projects through effective planning, tracking, and resource allocation to meet business objectives and timelines
- Strong leadership and management skills. Knowledge of methods used for improving employee performance/motivation.
- Comfort in handling multiple projects and changing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Ability to generate creative solutions, identify the best course of action and rapidly resolve complex issues/problems
- Skill in resolving employee/customer conflicts and complaints in a mutually satisfactory way
- Ability to communicate clearly with employees at all organizational levels, and across differing cultural backgrounds