Director, Social Determinants Programs
Steward Health Choice is dedicated to improving the health and well-being of the people and communities we serve.
Steward Health Choice believes in a personal approach to health care right in your community. We built our health care plan around you. Our goal is to give you quality health care, programs, and services to support you on your path to wellness.
Steward Health Choice provides exceptional customer service and culturally competent care through:
- Compassionate and responsive member services team
- Collaboration with community physicians to help members get the health care they need.
- Providing culturally competent health care, including extensive translation and interpretation services
- Health programs to help members and their families stay healthy
Position Purpose: This position is responsible for identifying, creating, and driving initiatives related to social determinants, including but not limited to Housing and Education, Justice System services, and SMI Grievance investigations. Responsibilities include oversight and monitoring of Housing and Employment/ Vocational activities, Justice System activities, as well as additional support for SMI Grievance and Investigation activities, described below:
- This position must reside in the state of Arizona.
- Serves as the Housing and Education subject matter expert on the provision of housing and education issues and resources to members within the Contractor’s service area.
- Manages and oversees Employment/Vocational programs to include; employment support programs and business development services including oversight and provision of employment and rehabilitation-related activities.
- Responsible for providing direct support to the RBHA Grievance and Appeals Department, in conducting SMI Investigations in accordance with regulatory requirements as set forth in the RBHA Contract.
- Responsible for timely completion of interviews and summary investigations.
- Responsible to ensure investigative decisions communicate the legal and factual basis for the decision.
- Responsible to participate in Administrative Hearings as deemed necessary/appropriate.
- Responsible for ensuring the development and maintenance of processes to facilitate the transition of members transitioning out of jails and prisons into communities.
- Responsible for coordination with AHCCCS’s engagement in a data exchange process, ensuring that upon the member’s release from jail or prison, efforts are made for immediate care coordination activities.
- Serves as site administrator for the Northern Arizona (RBHA) Site location (local presence).
- Some local travel is required with this role, therefore the employee must have a Valid Arizona Driver’s license.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education / Experience / Other Requirements:
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration
Years of Experience:
- Four (4) or more years Managed Care Experience, including but not limited to the provision of behavioral health services, and an in-depth knowledge of the AHCCCS rules and regulations.
- 3 years’ current experience with Administrative Hearings
- 3 years’ current experience of jail and prison transitional programs
- Demonstrated experience in managing successful state funded member based programs.
- Experience managing multiple projects/tasks
- Experience in working directly with regulatory agencies
- Experience performing proactive oversight and auditing, and communicating activities and outcomes to Senior and Executive Leadership
- Knowledge of AHCCCS rules and regulations and health care operations
- Proven history of successful results in managing issues and driving strategic program initiatives in alignment with organizational goals and objectives