Paraprofessional - LPN, MA, or Social Worker - SHCN
The Paraprofessional will report directly to the Transitions Team Leader. They will function as a member of a team and complete all daily tasks to ensure smooth day-to-day operations in a busy office location.
- Conduct post-discharge phone calls for targeted discharges for Steward risk patients.
- Ensure appropriate post-discharge appointments are scheduled; schedule as needed.
- Validate post-discharge services are in place; e.g. VNA, Elder Services, etc.
- Utilizing and algorithm, refer patient to appropriate care management programs as needed.
- Escalate issues to RN supervisor as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Licensed Practical Nurse, Social Worker, or Certified Medical Assistant preferred
One (1) or more years of experience as an LPN, Social Worker, or Medical Assistant preferred
Strong interpersonal skills, including patient interviewing skills
Experience with EMR strong preferred; Athena/ECW a plus
Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.) preferred