Pharmacy Technician Lead - SHCN
The Pharmacy Technician Lead oversees and performs the processing of service requests received from providers for Health Choice members. The Pharmacy Technician Lead ensures requests for services are processed within established timeframe, and in accordance with Steward Health Choice criteria and guidelines. This position requires strong communication, leadership, and organizational skills to assist pharmacy technicians, and Pharmacy Supervisor provide quality pharmacy outcomes for Steward Health Choice members and providers.
This position requires a specialized training and knowledge base for the prompt and accurate processing of pharmacy service requests, conduct pharmacy coverage determinations activities accurately, effectively and efficiently within the appropriate time frames. Assist Pharmacy Technician Supervisor with staffing oversight and management responsibilities.
The Pharmacy Technician Lead position assists the Pharmacy Quality Manager by making outbound calls to members, providers and pharmacies to improve quality of care and solve medication related problems. This position will also assist other departments with pharmacy related needs. Performs other position appropriate duties as required in a competent, professional and courteous manners.
Health Choice exists to improve the health and well-being of the individuals we serve through our health plans, integrated delivery systems and managed care solutions. We strive to recruit and retain only the finest health care professionals with the highest levels of integrity, compassion and competency. If you are driven by your own personal commitment to these values and desire to work in a team-focused, collaborative and supportive environment - while still being valued for your individual strengths - Health Choice is the place for you.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Completion of Pharmacy Technician program preferred, not required.
- At least two (2) years pharmacy technician experience preferred
- Previous Medicaid/Medicare experience preferred
- Pharmacy Prior Authorization/utilization review experience preferred
- Call center experience preferred
- Computer experience necessary
- Abilities to use electronic pharmacy claims system
- Knowledge of Medical terminology, medications, and Medicare and Medicaid regulations preferred
- Licensed Pharmacy Technician or Technician in Training, active and in good standing