Senior Financial Analyst
Position Purpose: The Senior Financial Analyst develops financial analytical reports to assist with projections, operational reporting/modeling and provider contract financial compliance. This position involves in the identification of operational solutions as well as participates in the financial reporting.
- Develop analysis in partnership with department owners and directors
- Provides analytical support by researching and preparing analysis and explanations for management review.
- Derive, develop, and enhance operational reports to improve accuracy and speed for periodic updating.
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve the quality of data.
- Develops reports and compiles data for ad hoc requests from regulator.
- Provides leadership and guidance to other departments.
- Derive, develop, and enhance methodologies to improve forecasting accuracy.
- Perform financial modeling for new opportunities or other business modeling.
- Timely and concise communication regarding ad hoc data requests.
- Assist on special projects as requested.
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) or equivalent obtained at a four-year college or university in Accounting, Finance, or related field
Years of Experience:
- At least five (5) years’ experience in financial analysis in the health care insurance industry
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Word & Excel and experience in SQL.