Vice President, Information Systems
Steward Health Choice is dedicated to improving the health and well-being of the people and communities we serve.
Steward Health Choice believes in a personal approach to health care right in your community. We built our health care plan around you. Our goal is to give you quality health care, programs, and services to support you on your path to wellness.
Steward Health Choice provides exceptional customer service and culturally competent care through:
- Compassionate and responsive member services team
- Collaboration with community physicians to help members get the health care they need.
- Providing culturally competent health care, including extensive translation and interpretation services
- Health programs to help members and their families stay healthy
The Vice President, Information Services is the strategic thought leader for Steward Health Choice (SHC) in charge of the information technology strategy and implementation required to support the organization’s objectives and goals. The incumbent provides the vision and leadership for developing and implementing cutting edge information technology initiatives, and developing their team to ensure that SHCN technology solutions are at the forefront of the market at all times.
- Identify and propose new information technologies and systems to improve business processes and decision making. Establish the strategic direction of the Company's information systems as well as executing the strategy and change management initiatives.
- Develop the IT vision, strategy, and a roadmap for SHC to ensure that the company is on the cutting edge with the technology that we implement and leverage in order to provide the highest levels of service and expertise to our internal and external clients
- Build strong relationships with business groups, and their leaders across the enterprise, and develops a detailed understanding of their issues, challenges and opportunities
- Lead a team of up to 70 information services professionals nationally. Foster a culture of accountability, authenticity and impact throughout the IT organization. Ensure the consistent and constant development of all staff to maximize efficiencies in operations while providing growth opportunities
- Establish metrics for managing IT effectiveness and for measuring the impact of IT on the business, provide regular status reports and adapt behaviors as needed to achieve maximum productivity and effectiveness levels
- Monitor the industry for developments in IT operations; evaluate and implement relevant new tools and service management frameworks
- Regularly assess IT systems and make decisions on investments and implementation of future technology in alignment with strategic goals and objectives
- Operate with a sense of urgency and focus, while consistently reviewing the bottom-line impact.
- Able to work collaboratively with diverse leaders, communicate an IT vision and strategy across all levels of the organization, and build consensus around key initiatives and project
- Provide senior leadership over enterprise-wide IT initiatives, including infrastructure and architecture, applications development, networks, systems development, computer operations support, and outsourcing of IT needs
- Oversee development, implementation and operation of customer service platforms, provide training as needed to end users
- Approve vendor negotiations and IT architecture
- Develop and approve technology futures and budgets. Create the annual Information Services budget in support of operational goals and objectives. Provide the insight and guidance needed to make appropriate leadership decisions in this area based on the current tools and technologies available in the market
- Participates as a member of the Executive Leadership Team for Steward Health Care Network
- Serve as an Advisor to the EVP, President of Steward Health Care Network. Stays abreast of all current challenges, advances and introductions in the field of health care technology
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or information systems
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or Health Administration or related field preferred
Years of Experience:
- At least seven years’ experience in Information Technology management in the health care industry, preferably within a health plan. Proven experience at the vice president level or similar managerial role
- Strategic planning skills: Must help develop and implement strategies and plans to help a business reach its goals. Superior analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Subject Matter Expert: Superior knowledge of IT systems and infrastructure in a healthcare insurance environment. Expertise with the definition, design and development of robust data management, data warehouse, and data reporting capability
- Leadership skills: Responsible for successfully managing and leading a large IT team
- Interpersonal skills: Must be able to work effectively with leaders in different business units to ensure a comprehensive IT strategy that benefits the entire company
- Change management skills: Assist the organization to adapt to advances in technology in order to succeed
- Analytical skills: Solid understanding of data analysis, budgeting and business operations
- Visionary and Pragmatic Mindset: Insightfully prompting technology agenda to support profitability while pragmatically minimizing cost and maximizing results
- Experience leading complex, major change initiatives; demonstrated skills in change management